- How can massage therapy help me?
- Massage therapy can be beneficial to people of all ages and conditions and is used to help relieve pain from many specific problems, including:
Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
Stress relief and associated conditions
Headaches and migraine's
Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
Repetitive strain injury
Circulatory and Respiratory problems
Pregnancy and labor discomfort
Post-injury and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Can anyone receive massage therapy?
- Yes, massage therapy is appropriate for individuals of all ages, including infants, children, and the elderly; however, Phenomenal Healing does not offer massage to anyone under the age of 18.
Also, there are some conditions for which massage therapy is not appropriate. A qualified Massage Therapist (LMBT or MT) is trained to recognize these cases.
Many Massage Therapists treat a variety of diseases and disorders while other Massage Therapists concentrate on certain conditions (fibromyalgia) or groups of people such as athletes, performers, women during pregnancy (including labor and delivery), infants and children. When booking your first consultation, be sure that the Massage Therapist is the right choice for you.
- What do I do during a massage treatment?
- Make yourself comfortable. If your therapist wants you to adjust your position, she/he will either move you or will ask you to move what is needed. Otherwise, change your position anytime to make yourself more comfortable.
During your massage, you will be covered the entire time with a sheet and blanket. The only areas that will be exposed is the area the therapist is working on.
Many people close their eyes and relax completely during a session; others prefer to talk. It's up to you. It is your massage, and whatever feels natural to you is the best way to relax. Do not hesitate to ask questions at any time.
- How will I feel after my massage treatment?
- Most people feel very relaxed. Some experience a significant decrease or freedom from long-term aches and pains. Many feel a little slowed down for a short period and then notice an increase of energy, heightened awareness and increased productivity which can last for days. If you received a deep massage, you may be slightly sore the next day - much like a good workout at the gym. Sometimes a hot shower, or a soak in the tub can ease this soreness. After your session you should increase your water intake a bit. Just a glass or two more than normal is usually fine. This helps keep your body's tissues hydrated and healthy.
- When should I not get a massage?
- There are few conditions which would prevent you from enjoying a massage. You should not book a massage if you have a fever, cold/flu, or contagious skin infection.
There are many other conditions in which your therapist may need to adapt his/her techniques (i.e. arthritis or osteoporosis) or avoid an area completely (i.e. cuts or burns). With some conditions it is a good idea to get an approval from your physician before you receive massage (cancer, certain heart conditions, pregnancy). This doesn't mean you can't get massage. But it’s always better to proceed with caution. Your therapist can advise you about your specific needs.
- What if I get an erection during my massage?
- Sometimes it happens. Yet, most men avoid massage for fear this will happen to them. Or, they get a massage but are unable to relax because of this fear. But there is no reason to be embarrassed.
Sometimes men get an erection during a non-sexual, therapeutic, full body massage. Touch administered to any part of the body can activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which can result in a partial or complete erection.
An educated, professional massage therapist understands this and it will not be an issue for him/her. If you are still concerned, I recommend wearing more fitted underwear (briefs or boxer briefs) which provide more support than traditional boxers.
Note: If the therapist feels that the session has turned sexual for the client, male or female, he/she may stop the session to clarify the client's intent, and may decide to end the session immediately.
- What kind of payment do you accept?
- We accept Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express debit and credit cards, and checks. Please know that checks will be deposited the same day.
- Do you do house calls?
- Phenomenal Healing does not do house/out calls at this time. Should this change in the future, we will let you know.
- Can’t find a question you need answers to?
- Please click the contact us link below.